1. Emma Stone – Stone brought home the Oscar for her starring role in La La Land. Not only did she win the Oscar, but she also completed the Hollywood “triple crown” by winning Best Actress at the Golden Globes and SAG awards. Without question, this is a great feat achieved by one of Hollywood’s best young actresses.
2. Viola Davis – As impressive as it is to sweep all the awards for your category in one year as Emma Stone has done, it’s even more astonishing that such a tough accomplishment was achieved twice in one year. Just as Emma won Best Actress at all the major awards shows, Viola Davis did the same in the Best Supporting Actress category for her role in Fences. She also wins “Best Speech” from every one of her acceptances of these awards as well, in my opinion.
3. Emma Watson – Emma Watson is starring in the upcoming live-action variation of the Disney classic, Beauty and the Beas, in theaters at the end of this month. This film is expected to huge, as is her performance. Landing the iconic roll of Belle is huge, which is why this could be the biggest role of Emma’s career.
4. Rebecca Ferguson – Remember the name – Rebecca Ferguson. She is not a household name, but she will be starring alongside Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds in the blockbuster film, Life, which hits theaters March 24. She also will star in two other highly anticipated films later on this year – The Snowman and The Greatest Showman, which potentially could be one of the best films of 2017.
5. Brie Larson – Larson will co-star with Tom Hiddleston and Samuel L. Jackson in the blockbuster film Kong: Skull Island on March 10, as well as Free Fire, a crime action movie that may remind you of Reservoir Dogs, on April 21. Larson, who is still riding high popularity from her Best Actress win last year for her dynamic performance in Room, is also set to make her directorial debut in a movie called Unicorn Store (also starring Samuel L. Jackson), which is set to be released later this year.