- Dwayne Johnson – “The Rock” is a busy man these days. Fortunately for him, busy and making money go hand-in-hand. Johnson is starring in The Fate of the Furious, which hits theaters next Friday. This latest movie from the Fast and the Furious series has an excellent chance to top the box office charts upon its release. In addition, Johnson is going to transition from the furious mean streets to the red-hot beach, when he starts the summer season off with the release of his next film, Baywatch, in May.
- Hugh Jackman – Logan is still holding its own nicely at the box office over a month after its release, placing 6th this past week. Jackman, who is my early prediction to win the Best Actor Oscar this year for his role as P.T. Barnum in The Greatest Showman in the Fall, will likely lay low until the awards season approaches.
- Morgan Freeman – Freeman will be starring in Going In Style, a comedy centering around him and his life-long friends (Michael Caine and Alan Arkin) robbing a bank as retribution for their current economic hardships. Freeman, as well as his co-stars in this film, are all legends in their own right and are expected to make this film a fun one with a life lesson certain to follow.
- Alec Baldwin – Alec voices the Boss Baby character from the film of the same name. In addition to being a great actor, Baldwin seems to embrace any chance to show the world his sense of humor. This latest project is a perfect example of that. With the exception of Donald Trump, most people seem to love his comedic antics. Boss Baby currently sitting atop the box office at the moment is direct evidence of his positive approval rating.
- Samuel L. Jackson – Kong: Skull Island is still a top five draw at the box office right now. If anyone in Hollywood can take on King Kong and hold his own, it’s Jackson. Kong has been out for a few weeks now, but it’s still not too late to use your Capital One card and pay to see it in theaters. I’m sure Mr. Jackson would thank you for both.
BY: CHRIS GUEST